The Eleven is a startup studio. We're obsessed by building great ideas into brilliant businesses, and we’re on a mission to create the best place in the world to do just that.
We're excited to be expanding our core team to increase the support we offer the businesses around us (which are currently Born Social and CharlieHR) and are looking for an awesome Finance Assistant to provide day to day finance support to all businesses within The Eleven.
Working with the Finance Director, this junior (but crucial!) person will be responsible for:
1. Credit Control: keeping track of the debtors ledger and chasing clients who have overdue invoices.
2. Bank Reconciliations: managing transactions that need to be reconciled in Xero.
3. Invoicing: raising invoices to be sent to clients.
4. Staff Expenses: checking expense claims and ensuring these are paid to employees timely.
5. Client Queries: ensuring that finance queries from clients are responded to timely and accurately each day.
- Managing daily bank reconciliations in Xero to ensure each company's accounts are updated timely and accurately.
- Managing expense claims through Receiptbank, obtaining the necessary approvals from the businesses leads and ensuring these are paid to employees timely.
- Working on Excel to update monthly budgets and forecasts as well provide key reporting to company leads.
- Managing the accounts email, working with relevant team members to ensure clients are responded to quickly.
- Setting up weekly payments in the bank to ensure each company pays their suppliers timely
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Comfortable working with Excel
- A keen interest in how a business runs
- Eager to learn
- Great attention to detail and organisation, whilst being able to move quickly on things
- Ambition - at The Eleven we think BIG. We're looking for someone excited about the opportunity to make a difference in a range of companies and help drive the wider The Eleven vision
- Brilliantly personable - we love coming to work and are looking for someone equally enthusiastic
- An awesome team - a great culture is hugely importance to us!
- A huge emphasis on personal and professional development
- Great access to Leadership Teams across a variety of exciting startups
- Great responsibility from Day 1 - the opportunity to make a real difference
- Free mental health support (via Sanctus: https://sanctus.io/)
- Flexible working
- Unlimited paid holiday scheme (yes... we mean this!)