Front End Engineer - CharlieHR
Building a company is hard, but running one shouldn’t be. Over the past decade of starting and running companies, we grew constantly frustrated by the administrative headaches that distracted us from doing what we love. In a world where the odds are already stacked heavily against you, there is too much bullshit in the way of bringing great and important ideas to life. We felt there had to be a smarter way to run companies. So we decided to create it.
We’re building tools that empower entrepreneurs and small businesses to focus their time on what matters most, streamlining the burden of admin to enable the best possible chance of success. We’re beginning with any organisation’s most important asset - its people.
Charlie is a free HR platform for startups that looks after all your team’s vital information - from onboarding new staff to tracking holiday, managing benefits and more. We’re looking for enthusiastic, driven and hungry front end developers to help Charlie’s across the world to focus on what matters and succeed in making their mark.
Who we are: A young but experienced team born out of The Eleven.
Charlie is seeking Front End Engineers who want to delight people by making the best software ever imagined.
A typical week will include:
- Brainstorming with the team to explore new features.
- Collaborating with Back End Engineers to improve the current features as well as build new ones for our growing user base.
- Learning about new technologies and discussing potential solutions to problems.
- Help crush bugs and troubleshoot problems with the whole team.
- Contributing to wider product and engineering strategy, identifying and exploring new ways to ensure our customers continue to LOVE Charlie.
- You possess strong appreciation, dare we say secret passion for design. Good UI / UX makes you smile, and the small details matter to you.
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 3+ years and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to anyone comes naturally.
- You enjoy helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others.
- You also know that the internet is a scary place and can work with back end engineers focused on security concepts deeply and help put them into action to protect us and our users.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and understand the tradeoffs made when engineering a feature.
- When things break -- and they will -- you are eager and able to help fix things.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You want to continually improve and become the best you can be.
- Background in computer science.
- Experience with React and ES6